- I am better than...
- I am worse than...
- I am equal to...
4 bodhisvata vows:
- beings are numberless, I vow to save them.
- desires are inexhaustible, I vow to end them.
- dharma gates are boundless, I vow to enter them.
- buddha's way is unsurpassable, I vow to become it.
- all composite phenomena are impermanent
- all contaminated things and events are unsatisfactory
- all phenomena are empty and selfless
- nirvana is true peace
4 noble truths:
- life is suffering.
- suffering is caused by selfish craving.
- selfish craving can be destroyed.
- it can be destroyed by following the Eightfold Path.
- Giving with no thought of giving.
- Morality with no thought of morality.
- Patience with no thought of patience.
- Effort with no thought of effort.
- Meditation with no thought of meditation.
- Wisdom with no thought of wisdom.
- right understanding
- right purpose
- right speech
- right conduct
- right vocation
- right effort
- right alertness
- right concentration
8 worldly concerns:
- belief in a separate "self"
- attachment to ritual
- sensual desire
- ill will
- attachment to material existence
- attachment to immaterial existence